
Bed #1 - Our potato plants are growing fast and looking good -- hoping that the potatoes under the dirt are just as good!

Bed #2 - Pole beans lined against the back of the bed starting to climb, peas on the pyramid climbing already and doing great, tomatoes and peppers in the middle looking a little sad - we added three new pepper plants and marigolds to the bed today. The wind has been relentless on these little plants, so I am hoping now that I have filled the beds to the max that the wind will die down some and we will at least get enough vegetables for a salad or too this summer. It will probably be the most expensive salad I ever ate.

Bed #3 - red potatoes doing well, onions kind of stalled out on growth (partly because our weather can't decide if it is supposed to be cold still or warm up), Seven new tomato plants planted today - probably too many but I went a little crazy at the nursery. Cantaloupe sprouted and just starting to show signs of more growth. Strawberries struggling big time. We had one berry but some thing ate it while we were gone last weekend.
2 comments:
Way to go on the garden! Brody's baseball practice looked like a lot of fun! I am sure that he absolutely loved it!
don't you hate that about the strawberries! I remember my mom always tried strawberries but could rarely get any because the squirrles would get them first :)
I'm with you on the expensive salad :)
Post a Comment