Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In Other News...

Brody ended his weekend with his cousins crying hysterically...almost all night. We knew it was probably an ear infection, but the Tylenol, Motrin and ear numbing drops didn't do much to ease his pain. So early yesterday morning it was off to the doctors to confirm it was a double ear infection. He seems to be on a comeback now, he took a good nap yesterday (as did I) and slept all night. Gotta love modern medicine.
Ella...where to start with her. She is an independent stinker. It is almost a constant to find her naked these days. She doesn't prefer to keep a diaper on. Last week she cried and cried because she was in her crib, and she had undressed herself and then in the course of her playing ended up peeing on all her babies. She was devestated. I laughed! We got everything cleaned up and the babies are now doing quite well. However, it has caused us to do what we are not ready to do...

Ella is now in a big girl bed. She did really well last night and slept until almost 9:30 this morning (we are still recovering from our weekend of fun). This transition is a pre-cursor to what I will be doing starting Thursday...potty training her. I am so not looking forward to it. She is ready, and has been, but I have tried to supress her independence for my own sake. She goes #2 in the potty quite a bit already, it will just be getting her to pee in the potty. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh boy. Here you go! Glad the ear infections are on the mend, and I DO wish you good luck with the potty training.

How fun to have the Hrabiks out! Looks like a great time for all.

Mrs. Claussen said...

Girls are easier than boys. I am sure since she likes to be "naked baby", a few times peeing on herself will cure that. She's a smart girl she'll get it no sweat.

Ryanne said...

Oh man! Despite all the drama I love how you can be so funny about it. If you need help with potty training I used "Potty training in less then a day" with both mine and Loved it. I perused the book, didn't read the whole thing but it was great. Good luck:)

Whitney said...

I hope potty training is goes well for you, way to bight the bullet and get it over with! She looks so cute in her big girl bed!