Wednesday, July 28, 2010

While the Husband is away the wife will...

PAINT!

Our bathrooms were just the cheap builder grade flat paint. The kids are getting older and bigger and we needed to get their bathroom painted in good paint before the drywall got damaged. *** As a side note...the night before I decided to do this, Brody got up in the night and didn't realize that the toilet seat was down. He peed ALL over the bathroom. Funniest thing ever at midnight! Thus the need for some waterproof paint! ***

I don't know what I was going for, something creative and different that worked with the bath accessories we already have. I did the whole bathroom in the oatmeal color and the stripes are a grey-ish blue and a green. The green looks almost yellow in some light. I wanted it light since they don't have a window.

I drew out the stripes with a 6 inch wide by 24 inch long ruler and a trusty red scripture marking pencil. I taped it out and then kept working my way over. I used "Frog Tape" The guy at Lowes reccomended it. I would HIGHLY reccomend it over the 3M blue stuff. Its the same price, but I had the best lines without any paint bleeding through. It came off so nice without peeling the paint. I am impressed by it.

The kids and I had a good time...now we have to think of what we'll do next...

BEFORE


AFTER

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! :o)

Lisa said...

It turned out awesome!!! Good job!!

Cindy said...

Very cute and very good job. It matches perfectly with the shower curtain and the rugs!

Megan said...

Love it! Great colors! :)

Marilyn said...

Wow! I can see it made a big difference just in lightening it up. It's great to know we have such a talented lady in the family!
Love,
Aunt Marilyn