Eight years ago today on a beautifully warm Southern California day Brandon and I were married in the San Diego Temple (thus the cheesy wedding photo as our header). It was a gorgeous day, and aside from the Colombia Space Shuttle exploding it was a perfect day.
Fast forward to today...it is a freezing, windy and icy day. The wind chills are -4 right now and we aren't expected to get above freezing until Friday afternoon {maybe}. Brandon was supposed to come home tonight, but ended up coming home late last night because the weather is so bad. Schools are closed and the roads are iced over. Hopefully things improve so the Super Bowl activities can continue, and school and work too (we do have priorities though).
But for us, we will celebrate at home with a warm dinner from the crockpot and homemade red velvet cake balls. The last eight years have been great and I am so grateful to be married to my best friend.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congratulations. I remember how beautiful the day was. And your cake is still one of the BEST I have ever had at a wedding!
Happy Anniversary! You guys are such babies in that picture!!!!! I miss having you come and visit me every month! I hope y'all are feeling better!
I still remember you getting engaged and hearing about your wedding like it was yesterday! Congratulations! I think you look just the same.
Post a Comment