Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Things We Love About Summer

There are lots of things we love about summer...but two of special note today are:

.50 cent ice cream cones at McDonalds. Nothing makes me happier than being able to bribe my children to behave while we grocery shop with an ice cream cone. It is so hot out that they melt faster then they can eat it, but it is so worth the mess. Also of special note is being able to get a $1 drink at McDonalds all summer long. One diet coke, two ice creams please.Having lazy mornings. Mornings when this sweet princess can wear her princess crown with her nightie and play all morning. Our laid back mornings are numbered. T minus 35 days until I officially have a child in school and we have to abide by someone elses clock and calendar. I get more sad the more I think about it...but in the meantime we can usually be found in our jammies until late morning (or early afternoon) however you wanna look at it.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Pretty sure I'm down with the PJ's all day thing. We should do pajama days together! ;)

Ryanne said...

I'm a huge fan of the $1 diet coke as well. And I love your idea of perfect summer days.

Marilyn said...

PJs and ice cream sound like perfect summer. Just add air conditioning and you are set. Hopefully the whole heat thing will change soon.