Friday, August 19, 2011

Brody's Meet the Teacher Night

I can't believe Brody is starting Kindergarten on Monday! It seems like he was just born. I knew it was coming but the closer it gets I am getting anxious. I probably have all the normal "mom" fears about their kid making friends and behaving, but also I am super worried about getting him to school on time. School starts at 7:45 and he is dismissed at 3:00...a super long day for most five year olds! They seem to have the day full of activities to keep them busy and seeing his classroom and meeting his teacher calmed most of my nerves (and hopefully Brody's too!)



What Brody is most looking forward to about Kindergarten: The sports (they have PE everyday) and playing on the playground



What Brody is most nervous about: Bullies (I don't know where this is coming from, but he truly is worried about people calling him names); and the weather (if it is too hot or too cold they can't go on the playground)

Brody and his Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Spencer

Brody's carpet spot


Brody sitting at his desk. He sits right next to a little girl from church, Jacelyn. He is at the blue table (his favorite color!) and the chair covers have pockets in the back that hold all his supplies.


A view of part of his classroom. There is a bathroom perfect for little people in the back corner and all sorts of stations set around the room. He also has a cubby to keep his backpack and coat during the winter (we are sort of longing for the day we need a coat - Im ready not to be hot anymore!)



Brody and a classmate meeting the class pet, Sparkles the Guiena Pig


After meeting Mrs. Spencer and seeing her classroom we went to the cafeteria to get a car tag to be able to pick up Brody and while we were waiting the kids had a great time playing on the stage. I said to the kids to stand together, and this other little boy jumped in the picture too -- then I realized he is in Brody's class too...hopefully a new friend!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow! Kindergarten! He looks ready. So cute, Sarah. Big milestone!

Lisa said...

He will do great! I'm ready to cry and Isabella is only doing preschool a few days a week. They grow too fast.