Thursday, May 15, 2008

One out of 100


Until now I had been using my doctor in California to refill some perscriptions for me, but finally he cut me off. So, I had to get myself established out here with a doctor and I went in on Tuesday thinking it would be a quick visit. It was relatively short, however he noticed I hadn't had a tetnus booster in 11 years. Darn it. I don't mind needles at all, I don't mind getting shots - but I HATE the tetnus shot. I remember the last 2 I got because of how awful I felt the next couple of days. In first grade I couldn't move my arm for what felt like forever (I did get to miss school though) and in 1997 I remember my arm looked as if I had been hit by a baseball and had a severe bruise that had its own temprature several degrees hotter than the rest of my body. But, I took the shot anyway hoping for the best. So far it is the worst yet (in my limited opinion). I started throwing up at 3:00 in the morning and proceeded to continue until after 6:00 am. So gross. I hate throwing up. Brandon was gone, and for some reason when no one is there with you it just seems worse than it is. The information sheet they gave me about the shot says 1 in 100 people will have a reaction like I did. Go figure I'd be the lucky one!

5 comments:

Brad and Marissa said...

Wow, that stinks. I feel for ya. I have had times like that and no fond memories of them. Not with shots though. I try to avoid those as much as possible. We moved here a year ago and I finally had to go to the doctor and they asked for my shot info...Like I carry that around with me. I half expected them to poke me a few times before I was able to get out of there. Well I hope your feeling better.

Brad Hughett (Brandon's old companion from the SCCM)
http://bradandmarissa.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

I feel so bad for you! There is nothing worse than being sick with no husband there to help! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Cindy said...

Sarah--love the new look of your blog. Hope you are feeling better.

Brooke and Aaron said...

That's awful. Aaron won't get immunized because he says he always gets sick when he gets shots (and he really does every time). The girls and I still go in faithfully though. I guess I get it from my RN mom. :) Ella and Brody are getting so big. I loved reading about Ella's hobbies and accomplishments in the last post. CUTE family.

with love, r said...

Poor thing! Who knew!! At least you won't need one for another 10 years.