I'll spare you the pictures for this post - they weren't pretty! Everyone that has had kids will probably read this and just laugh at me and remember the time when there kids did it - but still it is the worst thing EVER! ...
Brody is now in his big boy bed and does pretty well. If he doesn't want to sleep I don't really care as long as he stays in his room and is quiet. Today he was up there and then I heard him in the playroom. I went upstairs to put him back in his room and when I grabbed his hand I felt it first ... POOP - everywhere! He probably didn't want to be in his room because it stunk! He has NEVER showed an interest in taking his clothes off until today. He removed his shorts, and his poopy diaper (also another first). That alone would have probably been okay if he hadn't stepped in the poop and then continued to walk around the room. Since I obviously didn't see it happening this is all how I guessed it could have happened. He doesn't like being dirty, so I think he must have tried to clean his feet off and thats how his hands got dirty. So I found little Brody poopy footprints all over his room and a path to the playroom. I found books with poopy fingerprints and poor Mr. Potato head will never be the same. His sheets and pillows and comforter were all dirty too.
I lost it. I know I didn't react how I should have - but bear in mind it was poop all over my new carpet. Brody got put into the tub (after I removed all the bath toys so I didn't have to clean them again) and scrubbed down. I kept asking him why he took his diaper off and he just looked at me and then looked down and cried. I was so angry. I spent forty five minutes scrubbing poop out of carpet and I have a pile of laundry now that is at least 3 if not 4 loads. Ordinarily I wouldn't really care about some extra laundry, but we are having family come in town tomorrow and I already had a list of more things to do than usual. It just made it all the more irritating.
After it was all cleaned up I pulled out some big boy underwear and explained that poop belongs in a diaper or in the toilet and if he'd like to poop in the toilet he could wear the big boy underwear. That seemed to make him happy. We'll see. I just hope this is the only time this happens.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm not laughing at you, I'm crying with you. I have yet to experience that with my kids and I hope I never do. I would have lost it too with the new carpet and company coming..oh man. Good luck with the big boy underwear. Won't it be nice to only have one in diapers soon?! Keep us updated. You'll do great!
Oh Sarah, I feel for you! I can relate....and I am sorry that I said that I totally know how you felt in the moment. My reactions have been about the same - so I guess that means that we are normal. Good Luck on the potty training...I will be your support for Brody, you can be mine for Drew. We can get through this! :)
I am so sorry! That is a bummer! Avery tried to do that one time, but she did not get very far because I heard her through the monitor and was able to stop the process! I hope you were able to get it all cleaned up!
I'm so sorry! By far one of the worst things to have to deal with. Owen never got the whole diaper off, he'd like to stick his hand down in the diaper and pull out a little suprise :) Sorry! I hope for your sake you never have to do it again! And don't beat yourself up too much about how you reacted...we've all been there!
I'm so sorry!! What bad timing. It brought be back to when Hannah and Molly got diaper cream all over their room and themselves, although I think I would take diaper cream over poop! Hope you have a good visit with the Burtons.
Oh, Sarah! I am so sorry. I would have lost it too. What a mess. Good luck with the big boy pants - I'm sure he'll do great! We miss you!
Post a Comment