Since Easter when Brody got his potty chair he will occassionally say "wanna sit on potty." We've had him sit on it, but more often than not he wants his clothes on so not much happens. But tonight he asked to sit on the potty and he was getting ready for bed so we took his diaper off and sat him on the potty to read his bedtime story. He sat there listening to the story for awhile and then I heard it ... he peed! I immediately made a big deal out of it - to which he looked at me like I was some sort of freak and went on talking about his book. We had been playing yesterday and today with some big boys and he saw them use the potty, so I am wondering if it helped him want to try. I am glad he is starting to "get it" - although who knows if he'll even care tomorrow!
We also recently set up his big boy bed. He has taken naps in it, but when I put him in it at night he climbed out and fixed the sheets and blankets and put the pillows and shams back where they belonged. When I walked in his room he was sitting on the bed reading books. I was too lazy to keep putting him back in bed and laying with him does nothing to help the situation, so I just put him in the crib and he went right to sleep. I just thought it was funny to walk in and see that he liked his bed made and didn't want to have it messed up to sleep in. I took his picture in it and he looks so small. It makes me a little sad (but happy too) to see my little boy doing all these new big boy things.
We also recently set up his big boy bed. He has taken naps in it, but when I put him in it at night he climbed out and fixed the sheets and blankets and put the pillows and shams back where they belonged. When I walked in his room he was sitting on the bed reading books. I was too lazy to keep putting him back in bed and laying with him does nothing to help the situation, so I just put him in the crib and he went right to sleep. I just thought it was funny to walk in and see that he liked his bed made and didn't want to have it messed up to sleep in. I took his picture in it and he looks so small. It makes me a little sad (but happy too) to see my little boy doing all these new big boy things.
2 comments:
Yeah for the potty! Congrats Brody! See you soon!
That was really funny about his bed. I'm impressed that he put all the blankets and pillows back in place! Congrats on the potty training progress too. You have wonderful kids!
Post a Comment