Brody's room was a little harder. We weren't as motivated to paint or do anything to involved. We found a Cars border and wall stickers that don't mess up your paint and thought he'd love it! We finally got it put up (again a big shout out to laser levels!) and the other Cars on the wall and it looks so cute! I had a hard time getting into it, thinking it wouldn't go or it may look cheesy - but I am so over it! Brody loves it. He loves to name all the Cars and he can look from his bed and see them all, it keeps him occupied when he should be taking a nap but isn't! I love seeing all the color in his room. I still need to do a valance - but am debating on what colors (black and white or something to match his bedding). All in all, it was cute and pretty inexpensive. We figured he'd be into something else in a few years and we could change the decorating then.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
The Kids Rooms
The kids' rooms were our first "decorating" project in our house. Ella's was first because I had an idea I wanted to do for hers, and since she was still sleeping in our room it made it easy that she wouldn't be displaced. We painted the walls (green) and ceiling (white) and then added wainscoting and a chair rail. Sounds easy enough, right?? The wainscoting was more difficult to attach to the wall then we expected. We spent several late nights smashing our fingers with hammers. We even think Brody picked up a few things he heard while asleep across the hall. While driving in the car one day he said out of no where - "Dang it! My finger!" It made us laugh. Anyway, after the panelling was put up the chair rail was really easy and made the room look much better. Thank goodness for laser levelers and miter saws! We have to return part of her ceiling fan (the light ended up not working). Lowe's is letting us just bring back the light though instead of taking the whole fan down. So when we get the new light up the only thing left is putting stuff on her walls. I like the idea of her name on the wall, but I thought E-L-L-A would look a little plain, so I am making pillow letters that are a little bigger and have more detail to jazz it up. I have a couple of other things for the walls too, but we are waiting for the letters to decide where they'll go. Once those are done I will add more pictures, but for now I wanted to share what it looks like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love them both. I've always been partial to green and pink for girls!
Sarah I just checked your blog before going to bed.... how fun are those photos? We are looking forward to seeing you and the kids tomorrow.... we have some fun things from Oklahoma and New Braunfels for them both.
Their rooms are soo cute! I especially like Ella's room. What is it about girls. SO fun to dress and decorate!
Post a Comment