Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dirt Update

I wasn't crazy...it was ALOT of dirt! I called the guy up and verified that it was in fact only one yard of dirt. Turns out he brought 5 yards of dirt. He wanted me to text him what I wanted and so I did (.5 yds of soil and .5 yds of compost - mixed into 1 yd) The convenience of modern technology made him lazy and he didn't READ what I wrote. He just saw the 5 and scooped it up. I told him his mistake and he felt really bad. At the same time I was feeling bad because I couldn't pay for 5 yards of dirt. He said I could have all the dirt for FREE! All I had to do was get rid of it myself and let people know that they can buy their mulch from him. Sweet! Brandon built me one more raised bed to be planted in March, we filled in all our flower beds and a sandbox with extra dirt for the garden (thanks for the tips everyone!) and gave the rest to some friends to use in their gardens. AND...to fulfill my end of the bargain with our dirt guy --- shameless plug for Rodman Natural Resources on FM 2931. They have much lower prices on their materials as long as you have a pick up truck to get it home.

I couldn't believe our good fortune though! I felt like Heavenly Father was rewarding me for trying to follow the counsel to have a garden. Hopefully He won't mind if nothing makes it...at least I tried, right?

No comments: