Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Not much to blog about here lately...we've been playing in the yard when its been warm enough and starting to get outside a little more. Our "big" project right now has been our yard. Getting it ready for spring, but also getting the beginnings of our garden going and getting some fruit trees and some shade trees for the backyard. I am so excited! We had a RS gardening class out at a goat farm and now I am really motivated to grow our own produce. Brandon made me some raised beds on Friday and we are having the dirt delivered on Monday. I have some of my seeds and plants ready to go so I should be planting some time this week. More pictures of that to follow next week...but for now our Valentines Day celebration:

Dressed in red for the occasion...Raechal C. gave Ella this onesie at my shower last year and I was so glad it still fit! She has grown quite the little pot-belly!

Heart shaped pizza's for dinner & ice cream for dessert

Preview of our trees...we got a Live Oak, a gala apple tree and a bartlett pear tree.

3 comments:

Mrs. Claussen said...

I just wanted to tell you thank you. I wanted a swing set for Izzy and since Brandon built one, Paul's like I can build one too. And this summer Paul is building me raised beds also. So now I can tell Paul, "See Brandon built Sarah one". And the fruit trees, we were just talking about that too. So thank you. Now my husband will be even more "motivated" to build us one :)

with love, r said...

Good Luck with your garden! It will be so nice to have fresh veggies whenever you want...now you'll have to learn how to can. Hee Hee.
Happy Anniversary too!

Lindsey and Ben said...

What a fun valentines day! Good luck with the garden that is exciting!