Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Amy & Aiden Visit



Amy & Aiden came and visited and played for a whole week! We were very excited to have some time to play with them. We were hoping for some fun in the sun, but instead it was just hot and rainy most days. We did get a visit to the pool in to see the kids and their swimming skills.

We also got our can on and (finally) canned something. I say finally because I have wanted to do this for a long long time, but just got up the courage. We did salsa (regular and a peach version) and it is delicious! With the right tools it was a smashing success...and since then my mom and I mustered up the courage to do applesauce as well. So yummy! Im hoping to make this a more frequent occurance. I just need to get used to the idea that we are supposed to eat it...and not just let it look oh so pretty on the shelves. (Brandon still thinks I am a hoarder...whatever...all those jars and boxes of cereal are just sometimes too pretty to eat!)
We had a great time with them and we can't wait to have them come back!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

This just cracks me up! I agree--after all that work, it IS hard to go and pull those jars off the shelf and eat what's inside. I like how pretty it all looks too!