We were hoping it was over with, but he started having episodes again on Tuesday. The last few nights for us have been extremely difficult. We've been to more doctors and there best guess right now is that he is constipated. (He pooped 3 times yesterday before he started to scream throught the night - so I am not optimistic that we've found our answer) The doctor wants us to continue his treatment plan through the weekend and if he isn't better on Monday then we'll see a pediatric gastrointeroligist next week and have a barium upper GI with small bowel follow through done.
The worst part is just watching while he screams out in pain and not being able to provide any comfort. Tylenol and Motrin have done nothing to settle him and the doctor can't give him anything stronger because it would only make the constipation (if thats what it is) worse. So for now we can only rub his back and kiss his belly and try to make him comfortable that way.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Our love and prayers go out for you all. It is hard for all three of you and all of us that worry with you. He is such a cutie. We will be anxious to hear how things are going. Love you guys, Bryan and Rhonda
Poor little guy!I hope that he starts feeling better soon so that you don't have to go through the weekend like this!
Oh Sarah- I hope you guys can figure out what this really is...and soon. I'm so sorry you and Brody are having to go through this yucky stuff. We will be praying for you!
Oh you guys, I am so sorry! I hope that it will all get figured out quickly and that Brody will feel better SOON. Nothing is harder than seeing your child in pain and not being able to help. Wish we could help in some way! We'll be praying for you.
Poor Brody! Its all to sad. I hope and pray that he will start to feel better and the doctors can really find out whats going on. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you. There is nothing worse than watching your child suffer.
Hey Sara, I needed to get your email since I'm going private. I wanted to invite you. Also just checking to see if things have improved at all. If you need anything please don't hesitate to call. I hope that he gets to feeling better.
I hope that your weekend went better than last week. We have been thinking of your family.
Post a Comment