I have been trying to get back into a normal routine - it seems like the last month we've been just living from day to day - but now - I am trying to make a come back. The treatment plan that the specialist came up with last week for Brody seems to be helping and we have had less and less nighttime crying. We started him on a laxative and we just continue to go up and up on the dose until we find a level where his intestines are happy and he is pooping regularly. It sure has made potty training interesting! He is doing much better though and we are hopeful that we won't have to pursue any more testing. I know he'll be embarassed years down the road when he finds out his mother was talking about his bowels openly on the internet - but it was rough on me, and he is two - he'll have to deal with it.
We really enjoyed conference weekend and spending much needed down time together as a family. The weather has made long walks and time at the park so enjoyable. Our days are now getting back to regular cleaning, coloring books and picnics with friends at the park - just as they should be!
Brody and Daddy mowing the lawn together.
In the midst of all the madness, life did go on (a little bit anyways) and Ella has continued to grow too fast for us. She climbed the entire staircase herself this week - stopping every 3 or 4 steps to wave and laugh at all the rest of us watching her. Maybe I shouldn't encourage her, but the look on her face of how proud she is of herself is priceless! She's got to learn sometime, right? She is also regularly pulling up and standing on anything she can get too, wearing her very first pony tail today, cutting 5 teeth on her top gums, and clapping her hands and dancing whenever she hears music. I love it!

Ella's first pony tail
We also got a chance to go to the Texas State Fair with my Award Winning Mother! She took First Place for her afghan that she entered and she took Fourth Place for Ella's blessing dress that she entered. It was a fun day of walking around and seeing all the entries and other fair exhibits and trying all the Deep Fried Foods that won. I don't have the stomach for much, but if I had to choose a favorite it would probably have been the Deep Fried Jelly Bellys. It was like a jelly doughnut because the jelly beans melted on the inside. Those were good. The deep fried banana split was really over-rated, as was the deep fried pineapple ice cream. Ive been told that we missed out on the best which was the deep fried grilled cheese sandwich. I wasn't too sure on that one, but now hearing that it is served with tomato soup makes it more appealing. Brody's favorites were the popscicles. Thats all he wanted that day. He and Ella were wiped out! I don't think I have ever had either of them both asleep in the stroller at the same time. We rode the Texas Star - known for being the biggest ferris wheel in North America. It was a much needed fun day with our family.

My mom with her first place afghan behind her. All the snowmen and snowflakes were individually crocheted and then appliqued on. All the body parts of the snowmen were individually crocheted and then stitched to the snowmen. She has planned this out for over a year and put hundreds of hours into it - so we are REALLY proud of her achievement! She always does something different in each blanket she makes, and on this one the last snowmen is melted in a puddle with the sun shining - you can kind of see it in the bottom corner. So cute!

Ella's blessing dress on display. I love this dress! The top has smocking with little sequins everywhere. I was shocked when she brought it to California last Christmas. I had asked her to make the baby a blessing dress, but I didn't expect that! My mom took 4th, but looking at the other entries, she really deserved 1st (but maybe I am biased)!

Ella was truly offended that Brody wouldn't share the popsicle. She kept trying to get whatever she could just to taste some of its cold sugary goodness!
Our family on the Texas Star overlooking the Cotton Bowl.
Two worn out Burton babies!
4 comments:
Glad to hear that things are looking up. The pictures are adorable, as always. Congrats to your mom for the prizes. It is always so fun to see all the displays, but more fun to know someone who actually gets rewarded for the hard work.
The pony tail is wonderful, and I think the tired kids say it all!
Love,
Aunt Marilyn
That is the cutest little ponytail. So funny. Your mom is so talented. You always have fun posts to read. I love it. I actually posted on our family blog this week. I know, shocking. You can check it out if you ever have time. http://www.dunyon.blogspot.com/
I'm glad Brody is finally doing better.
So glad to hear Brody is doing better and life is getting back to normal. Your mom is amazing. That is a great aphgan! How do we keep Ella little for a while longer??? Way too fast.
Love Ya--
Congrats to your mom! She did an awesome job! We are going to the fair next week so I hope we have as good a time as your family did.
Post a Comment