We have had a fun and busy couple of weeks - it seemed to go by too fast. This will be a brief update - Brandon's waiting for me to watch a movie while our kidos nap. Ella is officially 9 months old and starting to eat table foods. She loves it! Brody was a kid who picked up one cheerio at a time - not this girl...she gets her whole fist in the action. It is sad to see her growing so fast but the independence that she is gaining is so fun to watch.

Ella and I took a quick weekend trip to California to see my new nephew Aiden and spend some time with our family. It was Ella's first airplane ride and she did really well. She is a busy girl so I just had to be creative to keep her entertained - she tore threw most of the sky mall magazine and flirted with the old man sitting behind us. I haven't yet had a child who will willingly sleep in public - so sleep wasn't an option (despite it being an early flight, thus the pajamas on the plane) The picture was in the terminal before boarding.

We went to the pumpkin patch and got some cute pictures with the family - Ella was really tired by this point so she kept the same serious look on her face most of the rest of the day. I was so excited to see everyone - and especially to bump into our friends and former playgroup and meet all the new babies!


We had a baby shower for Aiden while I was there and it was a lot of fun to get to know him and cuddle him while he is still tiny. I was really excited to see my good friend Erin and her girls Molly and Hannah - these girls are Brody's most best friends. He still talks about how they live in California and he has even calls our van his Molly Hannah car - because Erin was the first to introduce us to the Odyssey. It was fun to see the girls interact with Ella and be so excited to see her again. The last time we saw each other was the day we moved and Ella was only 2 1/2 weeks old. Now they are getting ready to have a new baby sister!! Yeah!

There aren't many pictures of Brody, but it is only because I had the camera in California when he was home with his daddy. They had a very fun boys weekend and spent time running crazy, going on walks and playing at the park. He was most excited about having lunch at taco bell and picking out our pumpkins. We went to the park this afternoon for a picnic and then walked around the lake. It was a fun day out there - as Brody would say. Little did he know we were just trying to wear him out! He is rebelling on napping again, much to my chagrin. I should know all I have to do is make him run a mile (which he does - literally) before making him lay down. He is ALL BOY and letting me know it! For those who have asked about his "condition" it has improved so much. We are keeping with the doctors plans for him and he has had much success and hasn't complained about pain at all lately. We are very grateful for the improvement and having our Brody back.
2 comments:
I can't wait to see Ella in her costume! So sorry I missed the shower and being able to see you.
You have been boo'ed by me. See my blog....
Cute pictures! I am so excited to see Ella and Brody in their costumes. You are such a fun mom to dress up for Halloween. See ya at the trunk or treat.
Post a Comment