Monday, November 24, 2008

Cakes & Crashes

Its a weird title, I know...but bear with me because it really does explain what we've been doing the last couple of weeks. My dad's birthday was on the 14th, so Brody and I worked hard making him this Sponge Bob cake. Im not a huge fan of Sponge Bob and Brody RARELY gets to watch it, and when he does someone usually has a remote in hand to change it if it gets sketchy. The early sponge bobs were much cleaner than the newer ones. Anyways...he has a sponge bob coloring book at my parents house and he enjoys coloring with his grandpa when he goes to visit (thus the Sponge Bob birthday cake).
Then we have a reprieve for 9 days before my mom has her birthday (which was yesterday). So, here is where the crashes come in. Our "main" computer crashed. It is the one with ALL our pictures on it and the main computer we use for just about everything. Brandon has a laptop and I have an older desktop set up downstairs to check email, etc. during the day, so I haven't been completely out of touch with the rest of the world. At first we thought we could fix the computer, but we decided to take it in and just see what they thought. Well...after a few failed tests the guys at Geek Squad told us it was fried, but they could save the pictures. Its a good thing because the last time I backed them up was October 2007 (during all the fires). Yeah, its been a big year so all our scrapbooks would have been missing a lot of major stuff (i.e. ELLA) - her poor baby book! So I am anxiously awaiting my dvd's from Best Buy with all my pictures. So in the end - its okay. We won't be replacing the computer for awhile - darn economy. But, like I said, we have others so it will be fine.
Other crashes...with Brody having toys I didn't even think of the stuff in my kitchen that can entertain Ella. I have decided that she is the opposite of Visa - She's everywhere you don't want her to be. Her loves right now are first - the little potty (just sick to me), the stairs, my fake plants and that stringy stuff used as dirt, and the computer. The computer I have downstairs is at the perfect level for her to reach, so she is constantly turning it on and off and banging on the keyboard - you might be thinking the same thing I do a lot - she'd better quit it or we won't have any computers at all. She LOVES my tupperware though. It has been great while I am working in the kitchen because she has to be where I am, and if she is bored she just stays at my feet screaming. So I will happily clean up the tupperware if it means that I can make dinner while it is a little more quiet.
I don't have a picture of Brody's crash - but I don't want to re live it again. This darn kid will be lucky if he makes it to his third birthday. We are truly looking into how we can get a lower deductable...because I don't think we've seen the last of his tricks. His crash was at Best Buy while we were trying to get the computer figured out. We turned away for a second and he was climbing those ladders they have to get stuff off the high shelves. Brandon grabbed him down and I put him in the cart and buckled him in. We both turned back to the sales person and turned around when he started to cry because he jumped out of the cart. When I picked him up he was hanging by one leg from the buckles in the cart and his head was of course on the ground. By the way he was hanging there we thought for sure his leg was broken and his head had hit really hard. We were extremely fortunate thought - his leg was fine and his head was spared all but a small bruise. Thank goodness he HAD to wear his beanie that night. So thanks again Great Grandma Kimbrell - its because of the hat you made him that he wasn't hurt worse. The most comical part of all this (if there could be such a thing) is that same day I had just paid the last of his medical bills for his last ordeal. All I could do was shake my head. The whole way home he kept saying, "Im sorry mommy, it was a bad choice." Its hard to be upset with his little voice saying that - but still, sometimes sorry just doesn't cut it. Anyone wanting a Christmas idea for him - A HELMET - seriously, he is in need.

He does help out though too...he started trying to help feed his sister her dinner when she was crying. They are becoming such good friends to each other (sometimes).Back to cakes...yesterday to celebrate my mom's birthday I made her a turkey cake. She was a Thanksgiving Day baby so we went with the turkey theme. I thought it turned out really cute. Brody calls it a star cake - I think because when we put him in bed on Saturday night that was what it looked like. We had fun with the family enjoying dinner Stephanie made and the cake.

5 comments:

Amy and William said...

Love the cakes! You are so talented, I knew when we talked about it moms cake was going to be awesome! Brody...wow:(! Enough said. Ella is the cutest! Tupperware is always a hit:) Love you guys!

Mrs. Claussen said...

Paul wanted me to share with you, to talk with your mother-in-law about how reckless Tweddle-Dee and Tweddle-Dumb (Kevin and David) were at this age and older and even up until two years ago.

Lindsey and Ben said...

Those cakes are awesome! Tell Brody that he can't get hurt anymore so that he and Avery can play again in December when you come to visit. Oh and the tupperware I enjoyed cleaning that up everday because of the hours of entertainment in provided for Avery. Go for it Ella!

Lisa said...

Those are awesome cakes Sarah!! Can you make my birthday cake?!

Raechal said...

cute cakes guys!! also, can you email me your address, we want to send you a christmas card :)