We had a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend which included eating more than we should and go shopping when we said we wouldn't, and getting our house decorated for Christmas. It started on Wednesday afternoon when Brandon came home from work and wanted to know when we'd get our Christmas tree. Let me just say, this is not the typical question asked by my hubby during the holidays, but there is a reason for his excitement this year. When we got married I made a deal that we'd have 5 years with a real tree (how I grew up) and then we'd go fake (not how he grew up entirely, but the last several years or so). Five years came and went obviously too quickly, but here we are at year 6. SO...off to Costco. I had my eye on their tree and I knew it had the most lights for the height. We measured the ceiling, decided on 7 1/2 feet and off we went. We were pleasantly surprised that they had so many in stock and that they were offering a $50 instant rebate! So Merry Christmas to us! We have a few gifts left to buy, but for the most part that part of the holidays is done. (Don't be too impressed, it is easy when budgets are small - but fun all the same!)
The kids wore their Christmas clothes to church today. It didn't last long - and it was a VERY FAILED attempt at attending church. Without offering any embarassing details, lets just say we spent more time driving to and from church then we did at church.
We got the tree and got it set up and decorated tonight. Brody was so into it! I was excited because I have planned something Christmas related to do every day now until Christmas and this was a great start to my plan! I am so excited because he is actually getting it and it makes him so happy to be involved. So...if all goes well I will post hopefully daily with our little Christmas activities.
Brody hanging his new ornament on the tree. We have a tradition of getting one new ornament for the kids every year, and also if we travel we get one from where ever we go. That way the kids will have ornaments to decorate their own tree with when they are grown. This year Brody got a Lightening McQueen. He was very excited to hang it on the tree.

Ella playing with our Polar Express bell. She hasn't gotten her ornament yet, we haven't been able to find a Baby's First Christmas one that we like. I know -- its a huge decision that could shape her future, so I am taking my time. For now...she loved the bell.

The tree from the outside - I love how you can see it from the street. It is perfect for us! Very picturesque. We are forgoing the outdoor lights mostly due to the cost of them - we thought the tree would be this year and maybe we could do lights next year. I would like to find a wreath for the door though. More pictures to follow of the inside!
2 comments:
I love the Christmas clothing! Aiden would match them both perfectly! How fun that you already are decorating, we get to pick out our tree on Tuesday. Miss you and love you much!
I'm getting super excited to decorate too! And tell Brandon that I'm totally for fake trees, my hubby would agree with you and vote real trees but he lost that arguement a long time ago!
Post a Comment