Friday, March 27, 2009

How the garden is doing...

Well...hopefully it is warm enough! Everything is wrapped in old sheets and plastic to protect the little plants from the high winds and expected frost and snow flurries tonight. We have already lost a cucmber plant and the top 9 inches of a cherry tomato plant, and the other plants look like they have seen better days, but hopefully they will weather the storm all right. Brody's toys are acting as height so that the grapevines and the corn dont get smashed by the plastic. The hose, tree stakes and folded lawn chair are just weighing it down. We were trying to get the plastic stapled on and as soon as we'd finish the wind would just rip it off. Ahh!! This produce better taste good - it takes a lot to get it to grow!

PS - It is looking great though - the potatoes, beans, peas and cantaloupe are doing excellent!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

It all looks like you've taken good precautions. I'm crossing my fingers it weathers the storm!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing how things survived. Good thing you have all those toys to keep the plastic up! You will feel so good when you get the results after all the work.
Love you.

Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Ashlyn Stephenson said...

Hey! I haven't been on your blog forever! I love the new table!!! YEA! So sorry to hear about your rash, I'll cross my fingers the trial goes in your favor. Good luck with the garden, truly an example to me.

Unknown said...

so - did you trim your tomato plant of what did you decide to do? I'm afraid mine have not survived the wind well and I am debating on whether to just rip them out and try again or trim them back???