Friday, March 27, 2009

Remember this...

The picture is disturbing - but it is of my arm. I have others that are worse but are a bit more graphic (I will spare you those). Those that knew me in 2003 may remember how awful I looked. I had a rash that covered my ENTIRE body. It was terrible - I remember wanting to die when Brandon put lotion on me. I thought I was on fire. It was really that bad. Many drs vists, ER visits, lotions, creams, perscriptions, change of diet, change of clothing, allergy testing, biopsies, etc. later all they could tell me was - "You have atopic dermatits" (or a fancy way of saying dry skin or excema) Then in March of 2004 it sort of went away for awhile. I would have episodes every now and then but nothing too bad.

Well...its back! It isn't as bad, but it is on its way and spreading. The good news is though - I was accepted into a clinical trial at Presbyterian Hospital in Plano for a drug that should help control it. I was a bit weary at first (after all I don't want to be a lab rat) but, it is already been tested and on the market - now they are testing a gel formula. I am on day 5 of my 7 day wash out period (I can't use anything on my skin). So the rash is growing nicely and I will see the dr and start the trial on Monday. It lasts 2 weeks and I will be paid some money. The money is really secondary - if it works that is payment enough for me!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Yes, I remember that and it was awful, awful. I hope this does the trick and works for you. Keep us posted. Good luck!

Sunny said...

Oh Sarah! I am so so sorry. I remember that last time. I hope this trial works for you and that it will clear up - FAST!!!