Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Our morning:

Picnic lunch at the park while playing with friends and feeding the fish. Then home for the kids to nap and mom to do laundry.


Our Afternoon:

Frosting sugar cookies as a St. Patrick's Day treat. I was disappointed to learn that my 101 cookies cutters did not include a shamrock. Bummer. Flowers to simulate clovers will have to do.

Our Evening:


Traditional corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and carrots - topped off with green water. It was a hit with Ella - not with Brody. UNTIL, Daddy named his food all trains and then we had to stop him from shoving all of it in his mouth at once. The meat was James, carrots were Thomas and potatoes were Percy. I decided not to force the cabbage on him - we had already almost encountered a sweet potato incident (in honor of Aunt Stepy). Both Brandon and I were glad we didn't have to enforce the no treat rule for not trying to eat some dinner. Both kids had cookies - both were very messy (as seen in Ella's photo). Both kids got baths. And, lastly...both kids got tucked in by daddy. It was a great day.

2 comments:

Amy and William said...

OK, I am convinced that Ella looks just like you when you were little...same serious look. The sugar cookies I am sure turned out perfect:) Looks like you had a great day! Love you all! Miss you much!

Lisa said...

Awww..they look so cute in their green! You're so festive.