Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I've Aged...

because of this little man...

To end our fun filled family week with Amy and Will we went to the Frisco Roughriders game. They are the AA farm team for the Rangers and their stadium is so fun! They have lawn seats in the outfield (raised up of course) and a pool you can even rent out. We've been before and we love it. The kids can play on the grass while you watch - its just a fun place.

We took them last night with everyone. The middle of the third inning came and I looked around and Brody was GONE. Brandon my dad and I immediately stood up, my Dad went one direction around the stadium and Brandon and I went the other. Brandon was looking and I ran for the gates. I told security my little boy was missing and I turned around and they immediately had the stadium locked down. No one in or out. I don't know if that made me feel better or worse - I was feeling pretty crappy either way. The security team was asking me what he was wearing, height, weight, etc. and then repeating it over their radios. I saw people combing the stadium, my dad heard people calling his name...it was AWFUL.

Then the security team said to me - they have him, your husband has him. Brandon walked over to where I was and handed Brody to me. I, of course, started crying and Brody looked up and said "Im sorry I scared you" I was just so glad we had found him. The whole thing lasted maybe 15 minutes - but they were some of the scariest minutes ever.

Brandon found him in the mens bathroom. He was going potty. After the game he ran away again - but we saw him right away and Brandon ran towards him before he got too far. He hasn't done this before - but if the running away is a new habit...you will find us at our house all the time. AND...Brandon and I discussed getting locks on all our doors at the top so neither kid can escape.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness!! You're kids are good at scaring you to death! I would have been so scared, I'm so glad you found him.

Cindy said...

I had that happen once with Shaun. I've never forgotten it. The terror is tangible.

Brandon and Sarah said...

Im glad to hear that it has happened to others...it makes me feel a little less irresponsible.

Mark and Heather said...

We had it happen with Brayden, he was lost in the woods in Oklaholma miles from any ind of civilization....terrifying.

On a good note, Congrats on successfully potty training they little guy. It is good to see that he is so confident in being a big boy.:)

Glad all are okay. Makes us all appreciate the little things.

Love Heather

Brooke and Aaron said...

What an eye-opening experience. My sister in law lost her 3-yr-old at Disneyland for about 20 minutes and we were going crazy looking for him. Like Heather said, it sure helps us appreciate life, doesn't it?! Glad you had such a fun time with your family. That must be so nice to live by your parents. Amy's little boy is getting so big. Hope you're doing well!

Ashlyn Stephenson said...

OH Sarah! I am so sorry! Its awlful! I am sitting here crying as I was reading it. I am so glad you found him and he was safe. Kids are so fast all it takes is a minute.