Thursday, July 30, 2009

Utah Trip!

We got back Tuesday night from our week in Utah - we are still tired and avoiding car rides as much as we can! It was a long road trip - but very fun and worth while. It took 24 1/2 hours of driving from our house to my grandma's house in Logan. The kids did unbelievably well - leaving me with some sort of hope for future road trips.

We are busy getting ready to go to California tomorrow...so I'll just leave you all with a few pictures...

We stopped mid-way in Denver, CO to visit some long time family friends the Pitchforths. My dad was excited to get to play volleyball with his friend and our two families were able to play some pretty good games - I even played and didn't do half-bad!

Ella playing games at the Mann-Shelton Reunion. Our family "the Manns" makes up half of the entire brood. It was great fun to get reaquainted with cousins and meet some new faces too.

Popscicles are always yummy - we were at the park from 10am until I finally took my kids home early at 7:00pm - it was a long, exhausting day!

Amid all our family fun, the kids and I took a break to visit my friend Ryanne and her family. Ryanne and I met on our semester in Nauvoo. I loved being able to catch up with her and get to know her family better.

No trip would be complete without group photos right? Here is one of many that were taken - this one being especially special because it is four generations of "Mann Women" I was glad that I was able to finally introduce Miss Ella to her grandparents. I think she may have just won them over, especially her great grandpa whose grandma she is named for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun trip. I hope the CA one is too. I hope this means you are leaving some het behind and going to a more "civilized climate."
Looking forward to seeing pics from CA too.

Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Cindy said...

OH, Sarah! It is so fun to see these pictures. I absolutely love the 4 generation one. Your grandma looks good. Glad you had a good time. And I remember the Pitchforths! Shirley (I think that was her name) was the STK. RS President for a long time.