Saturday, October 31, 2009

Making up for it...

Brandon told me this story at 11:00pm on Thursday the 29th (it had happened that morning)...

Brody: Hi dad...what are we going to do today?
Dad: I don't know Brody, I have to go to work, you'll have to ask mommy.
Brody: Ahhhh....that means we are doing nothing.

So congratulations go out to me...Most Boring Mother of the Year.

In hopes of changing his mind and relinquishing my award, I immediatly began planning a fun Friday. We got up and did our morning routine and headed first to the library. I became official at the Aubrey library and got my own library card (up until now we had been going to a bigger library further away).

Ella had a great time. She chased crickets all around the library laughing and squealing and yelling "fly" "fly" We have ALOT of crickets here, especially this time of year. It is really gross to me, but what do you do? Ella doesn't seem to mind them. We got our books and headed back to the car.

Next we went to the pumpkin patch...I tried and tried to get a picture where the two of them are looking at the camera but I had no luck. We took a hayride, picked out our pumpkins and explored the pumpkin patch. They played in the mud, Brody played on the trains, Ella chased some kittens that even let her pet them. Im pretty sure they had a great time, at least he had something to say when Daddy asked "What did you do today"

Brody and Ella on the hayride

Looking for pumpkins (in two different directions -- pretty indicative of their lives)


At home, out of the muddy shoes, and still all smiles.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is HILAROUS!! I love Brody!!