Saturday, February 13, 2010
Snow Day...Again!
I woke up Thursday morning to hear Brody screaming through the house "Its Snowing!!" And snowing it was! After I was able to convince him that it was not Christmas again I flipped on the news to see the weather. I had gone to bed and they said between 1 and 3 inches would fall. But by the time I woke up, our yard was already blanketed with snow. It started at roughly 3:30 am and lasted a full 24 hours of non-stop snow. The result was that the DFW metroplex received anywhere between 10 and 12 inches of snowfall! The airport measured 12.5 inches, shattering the previous record of just 7 inches. I measured 8 inches in our yard, but did find one place with 10 inches, Im not sure how they "officially" measure snow. Needless to say our area is not adapted to heavy snow, so the schools shut down and most people stayed indoors. The heavy amounts of snow did pull down some trees and lots of people lost power, including the temple. The Dallas Temple has been without power since Thursday and its not expected to reopen again until Tuesday. It caused lots of trouble, but it sure is beautiful to look at and fun to play in (for a little while anyway!) I told Brandon on Friday night that if this snow is going to be a regular occurance for us we ought to get our kids snow pants and boots and water proof gloves ... there little knit gloves didn't do much to keep them warm when they were playing!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness, Sarah! That is CRAZY!!! But it sure looks pretty. I loved the videos, and your house looks great!
That is so fun! I bet the kids had a blast! That is awesome!
Snow is good for you!!! I love the snow angel and the expressions. Better you than me!
Love, Aunt Marilyn
Post a Comment