4:52 pm - I see Brandon's car drive behind our house and I know he'll be home in just a minute. I call the kids down so that the three of us can yell surprise.
5:00 pm - Last minute party preparation continues. I did really well managing time and I didn't feel very overwhelmed. I began to make dinner and clean up the kitchen one last time.
5:00 pm - Last minute party preparation continues. I did really well managing time and I didn't feel very overwhelmed. I began to make dinner and clean up the kitchen one last time.
5:48 pm - We hear a big whack. Ella was jumping on the couch (one of my biggest pet peeves and I tell them ALL the time that couches are for sitting) and fell off. She hit her lip on the edge of our "treasure chest". She is bleeding lots, from the inside and the outside. I call the after hours doc to see what to do. If it is all the way through her lip we'd have to go to the ER. After a few minutes with some ice the bleeding slows down and Brandon and I are trying to decide if we should take her to the 24 hour ER down the street. I call ER to see if they could treat something like that and the operater was insulted that I would ask such a question, she said, "Ma'am, we are an Emergency Room" Okay fine. We ultimately decide that since the bleeding had stopped and there wasn't a gaping hole where we could see all the way through that we would not go in. She proceeded to eat 2 pieces of pizza for dinner.
7:00 - Party Time! Guest arrive and the house gets LOUD! It was fun. We had a full house and we had a great time. The Olympics were on and everyone was talking and eating. Kids played with balloons and all the toys. 




10:00 - The last guests leave and we get the kids in bed...we are all exhausted. Brandon and I sit down and watch some of the finals from the Olympics. Im bummed about Apollo Ohno...call me a mean person or call me patriotic...I really don't like the Korean skaters.
11:30 pm - We go to bed with an extra prayer that our kids sleep in. They did, they made it all the way to 9:00 this morning. Wahoo!
As an extra bonus birthday celebration Brandon and I are headed to Rafain's Brazillian Steakhouse tonight and then going to the Dallas Temple. So excited for a night out without kids!
7 comments:
Thanks for posting the scariest picture of us, it looks like my husband is on viagra or something! Thanks for inviting us, it was a lot of fun!
From the title I thought you must have been talking about my bday yesterday:) Looks like a great celebration, good job getting it all together.
You are so clever, just like your mom. It is in the genes!
Tons of fun! Thanks for including us in your festivities. What a fun date on Saturday for you guys!
Love the party and the videos. I'm not sure who had more fun--the kids with the preparations and balloons, or the adults, but it looks great.
Glad to see the accident didn't slow Ella down. It looks as if not much slows her down!
Love,
Aunt Marilyn
Cute video!!! Sorry I ruined it with my phonecall! Geesh, did I have great timing or what?! I loved Brody's "Why won't it stop Mom?" I was dying!
I loved hearing the kids voices on the video.
Post a Comment