Thursday, May 27, 2010

Swim Lessons

Brody began his swim lessons this morning and I think he did great! He is definitely a child of mine and does not like getting his face wet, but we are working on it. He was very polite every time Miss Sadie asked him to go under he'd just say "No thank you" Funny kid! He did go under, with a little coaxing and the promise of getting a marble (our reward system for our kids).

Brody with Miss Sadie

Early on I was a bit nervous - Brody was pretty tense...the picture is supposed to be of him doing a back float...it looks more like a choke hold
Ella bobbed along watching her brother...she is seemingly very adventurous in the water this year and is asking daily if we can go swimming
doing the monkey crawl
swimming to the wall (things progressed quite well from the beginning of the lesson!)
practicing his kicking
Lots of progress for day one...now we get to go to the pool and practice until next time!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute pictures! He did do awesome!! Thanks again for sending ours over. I'll be sure to bring mine next time.;)

Marilyn said...

Wow!! This looks so fun for both of them. I don't like my face in the water either...I know I can go faster if it is, but I'll stick to the slow and steady part.
Love,
Aunt Marilyn