Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The BIG day for Dad

This past May after 32 years of being inactive in the Church, my Dad and Mom made the committment that they were together going to become active and involved. This has been prayed for by MANY for a long time! The Frisco 3rd ward has welcomed them and supported them as they came to Church. Sunday was not only my Dad's 49th birthday, but because of his efforts he was able to receive the Melchezidic Priesthood. So many of our family were able to be here to support him and celebrate with us. All of the family here attended church in my mom and dad's ward and were able to meet the people who've been so great to them. We are grateful to them for all the love and fellowship that they extended to our family that allowed these blessing to come.
All the men who took part in the ordination: Bishop Dancey, Stake President (I forgot his name) Kenney Hrabik, Larry Gregson, Logan Gregson, Lew Mullin, DAD, Keith Mann, Brandon Burton, Bryan Stroud, Brother Hall, Home Teacher (I forgot his name), President Tolbert
Grandma and Grandpa Mullin, Dad & Mom, Grandpa Mann. We took the sudden sunshine as a sign that the Lord was pleased! :)
The family that was able to come
Uncle Kenney, Aunt Leigh, Cousin McKenzie, Grandpa Mullin, Grandma Mullin, Dad, Mom, Grandpa Mann, Me, Ella, Brody, Brandon, Stephanie, Uncle Larry, Cousin Logan

7 comments:

Raechal said...

Yay! Congrats to your Dad and your whole family, what a special day!

Cindy said...

So thrilled for all of you! Yay! Give our love to your mom and dad.

Lisa said...

Awesome, awesome news! So happy for your family Sarah. :)

Amy and William said...

Man, this makes me sad I wasn't able to be there. I am sooo happy for him and for mom, what a great day for the whole family:)

Marilyn said...

What a wonderful experience for you all! That must have been so exciting for the whole family. Please let me know when a temple visit is coming. I might not make it, but I can certainly celebrate it with you.

Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Lindsey and Ben said...

What an awesome day! I wish my mom could have been there! What a special time for everyone in the family!

Unknown said...

hooray!!!