After the festivities of the weekend, the family that was still in town spent the afternoon at the Gaylord Texan Resort and we went to ICE! We went last year when it was the Grinch and we loved it. This year it was "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!" and it was awesome!

Brody, Ella and McKenzie in the hotel atrium before going into Ice

The kids and I with the Texan Santa

She is SO cute these days! The jacket fits her better this year than last year

Dad (either being goofy or slipping on the ice??)

Snoopy's dog house



Ella kept touching the ice, over and over again. Her hands were stained with whatever they used to painted the ice (hopefully non toxic :) )

The ICE slides! Both kids LOVED the slides and went over and over again. The exhibit just opened and we went during a regular work day - it was awesome, there was no one there!

Dad in lane 1, Leigh in lane 2, and Kenney in lane 3 (he is harder to see)...pretty sure Dad won that race. I did slide, however I had technical difficulties and every time I got to the bottom of the slide (below that red carpet is just concrete) I'd stop quickly on my rear. I thought I better stop before I broke my bum. Last year the slides were a little more "broke in" and the ice extended on the red carpet to help slow you down.

The Whole Peanuts Gang. I think we'd fit in, right? (We are missing many of the Gang, including Brandon who flew to South Carolina that morning to work)

Ella, touching more of the ice

Our little puppies

Notice Ella's pouty face? She broke into tears right after the picture because before the picture I had scolded her for licking the ice. Yep, that's my girl. Next year could be "A Christmas Story" and Ella could play the part of the kid whose tongue freezes to the pole.

Brody trying to smile while urging me to just leave the exhibit. It was COLD! They keep the room at 9 degrees. We weren't prepared with gloves this year either...so the kids were anxious to get going!

Our group picture before going into the exhibit
The picture came in handy because after getting out of the exhibit and walking all the way to the car (a good half mile away) I realized I didn't have the coat I had borrowed from my mom anymore...I took off the parka they lend you and took my coat off with it. I ran back in from the car, through the hotel and then to the back of the convention center to see if I could find my coat. The people asked, what color parka were you wearing? I was like, um, blue?? But all the coats are color coded on the sleeve so they found our group picture and saw I had a black sleeve and then went through all the black parkas until they found my coat, yeah! I then ran back out of the convention center and hotel. By the time I made it to the car I was sweating and didn't need a coat...but I was glad I hadn't lost my mom's coat.
3 comments:
OH that looks like SO much fun! I've never heard of that. We'll have to try to do that this year. Maybe next- the kids would enjoy it more then.
What a wonderful experience! I would not be enjoying the 9 degree weather, but the rest of the idea looks like great fun. Especially the part that let me leave the 9 degrees and go back to the parking lot.
Love,
Aunt Marilyn
FUN! I talked to Brandon and we're sooooo doing that next week with his family. Hey, can I borrow your Charlie Brown movie so Isabella can see it before we go??
Post a Comment