Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Friday Night Trunk or Treating

We had a tri-ward trunk or treat on Friday night. Knowing that we'd all fill up on candy we had a quick dinner of hot dog mummy's. The heads kind of look like turbans...but they tasted good.
We headed out to the church just before dark to stake out our spot. The kids were excited to see all their friends in costumes. Toy Story was a poular theme this year...
Landen M. and Brody being Buzz. Brandon laughed as he took this picture. He told me to make the wings smaller, but I refused saying that they'd be fine (I made them after Brody went to bed one night). They were super cute, and after all the festivities I think Brody learned to control them a little better too. He told me at the end of the night. "thanks for making my costume so good mom, everyone really liked it." For a 4 1/2 year old, I think that is pretty darn thoughtful.

Brody and Ella being super cute, again. They were stopped several times for people to take their pictures.
Baby Logan sporting the monkey costume I made for Brody in 2006. We LOVE baby Logan and Ella has named all her dolls (even the girl ones) after him.
Ella with one of her best friends, Taelee (aka Minnie Mouse). These girls are a riot together. They love to play and walk around everywhere holding hands.
Another Toy Story family...Ella loved seeing "big girl Jessie" and Brody was exctied that there was a Woody (his pal Davin) to be his side kick

The kids trunk or treated til their buckets were full! I think I started with 420 pieces of candy and I ran out after maybe 30 mins. There were LOTS of kids! It was a fun night for all of us.

2 comments:

The Mann Family said...

Hahahahaha I'm seriously laughing out loud about how GHETTO my kid's Buzz costume is compared to Brody's! Well done, Sarah!

Lisa said...

Awww that was so sweet of Brody to say! I love it.