We made our annual trip to the State Fair on Saturday October 15th. Mike, Theresa, Kevin and Mallory came with us to see the Texas State fair for the first time. Of course we hit up all the fried food contest entries, rode some rides, saw some exhibits and enjoyed a fun day. After it was over we were bummed because I think there was still so much more we weren't able to see. Oh well, there is always next year, right?
Kevin and Mallory with the "Walking Taco" It was basically a taco salad made inside the doritos bag. It was really tasty.
The kids and I trying Fried Bubblegum. It was just okay...the kids liked it though
Brody chose this super huge slide to go down. He went by himself but they made Ella go with someone. It looks like it shouldn't be a big deal, but I got tired just climbing the stairs. It went a lot faster than I thought it would and our bums left the slide when we went over the bumps...sort of freaked me out...but I am more and more of a wimp.
Brody coming down...he looks a little nervous
Ella coming down...she is thrilled - she is a daredevil.
We test drove some Chevy cars while we were there and then saw where the kids could drive a car themselves. They didn't move very well, so I ended up pushing them around the track. I pushed Ella right over...she may need a few years to understand how to use a steering wheel.
When all was said and done we had a great time, and we were all exhausted!
No comments:
Post a Comment