After waiting for what felt like forever, we finally had our first ultrasound. I was so worried we'd be disappointed because I didn't feel sick enough! We were thrilled when immediately we could see a baby and a sac, I was even able to discern the heart flicker on the screen. The ultrasound tech moved a little to the left and there we saw a second sac and a second baby, with a second heartbeat. It was a feeling of excitement and relief all over again. Completely surreal.
We knew that the treatment plan we decided on had a 33% chance of multiple births, but after all we had been through we were willing to risk it. AND, because I was a poor responder from the medication with only one fully mature and one slightly less than mature follicle we didn't think the chances were likely and we knew at most it would be twins. And, it was!

No comments:
Post a Comment