This became my home away from home for the months of January and February! After over a year with no luck on becoming pregnant on our own or with the use of clomid we were referred to Dr. Ku for further testing. Well...come to find out my ovaries have a difficult time producing a mature egg. So we decided on a treatment plan which included giving myself shots everyday of a gonadotropin fertility drug, Gonal-F. I'd go in every other day for bloodwork and ultrasounds to watch the follicles mature. Theoretically they were hoping I'd have 3-5 mature follicles. With each of the ultrasounds we'd watch and see the follicles grow, and then some would grow and others would no longer grow. I started out with eight and by the last ultrasound I had one that was ideal and one that was just smaller then what they consider mature. With my one follicle being ideal, the doctor said it was go time. I gave myself a shot of Ovidril to induce ovulation, and then the next morning Brandon and I went back to the office to under go Intra Uterine Insemination. Brandon's "sample" was washed so that only the best swimmers were placed directly back into my uterus. Once the procedure was done, we just had to wait! I was super disappointed that we only had like one and a half follicles and that we wouldn't have been successful. There is a lot of emotion that goes into the process and I didn't want to have to go through it again.
On February 21st at 1:50am I woke up (not realizing what time it was) and did a test at home. It came up positive almost instantly! I was SO EXCITED, relieved, my mind was going a mile a minute! I knew that if I woke Brandon up to tell him he'd be excited and then he'd roll over and go back to sleep...so I decided I'd make him wait. I left the test on his sink so he'd see it in the morning. I tried to go back to sleep, but for some reason I just couldn't! I finally fell back asleep after 4:30 or so, and then was woken up by a very excited husband just after six! We had been waiting for so long that the news that we were successful was such a blessing! We told the kids and our parents that day, because they were all expecting the news the next day, so we were able to surprise them a day early!
On February 22nd I was scheduled for my "official" blood test, and found out that day again that I was pregnant! I was just as happy to hear it a second time! I had another blood test two days later to check the levels and see that they were rising properly, they did indeed and I was then scheduled for an ultrasound three weeks later so we could see what was going on.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment