
When I was pregnant with Ella and we were trying to think of names for her we went through the usual baby books and we had a hard time even coming up with any that either of us liked enough without trying to come up with one we agreed on. A friend of ours had a baby and had named her Ella and I heard the name and liked it so it was on our short list (that only ever had 2 names on it). I had wanted to give her my mom's middle name as something special. I mentioned that to my mom and she gave me a look and said, I don't think so. I didn't think about it for awhile and then one day my mom sent me an email saying that she didn't want the baby to have her middle name, but had a dream and remembered a grandma that she loved as a little girl but she couldn't remember her name. She woke up early one morning and went through the geneaology and found her...her name was Rosella. So, when I saw that I immediately thought I don't like the name Rosella, but I do like Ella Rose. I don't remember if my mom knew we were considering the name Ella or not, but everything seemed to fit together perfect and when the baby was born we knew almost immediately that it was her name.
The picture is of the letters E-L-L-A that I made for her wall. I need to re-hang the A though, it looks a little bit off in the picture. I think her room is almost finished, we still need to hang everything else on the wall. We were waiting for the letters to be done to figure out how to arrange everything.
3 comments:
The letters turned out really nice Sarah. I can't wait to see them in person. Miss you guys tons!
Her room is adorable! I love it! The letters look great! Poor thing about her rash! I hope that she is feeling better!
That is a pretty name! What a neat story to pass down too. I love that kind of stuff.
Post a Comment