Friday, July 11, 2008

Temple Group

Today was my first trip to the Dallas Temple! A group of women in our ward organized a Temple Group where we get to go once a month. It is such a great idea! There is six women in a group. Each month two stay and babysit and the other four get to go to the temple. So in each 6 month rotation you host the kids at your house once, you help babysit at someone elses house once, and you go to the temple four times. It was wonderful to go back to the temple and to see how the Dallas Temple compares to the temples I've seen in California. We were home at about 1:00 and our kids were all worn out and ready to go home and take a nap. When I drove away today Brody said - "Mom, that was so fun." I asked Brody what he did and he said he ate lunch on Kristin's blanket. Kristin - I don't know if you really did that or not - but either way he had a great time. These women were brave! In our group there is 16 kids (all under 5 years old - and 4 little babies!) Needless to say, it was probably more peaceful for those of us that got to go to the temple. But - I enjoyed the break and I am already looking forward to next time.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I am glad that Brody had a good time. We did have a picnic up on the balcony, and most of the kids thought that was really cool!

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity for you to get to go to the temple and also get to know a few sisters better. Sounds as if Brody had a great play date, too.

Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Raechal said...

what a great idea!! maybe we should get that going around here!

Brooke and Aaron said...

That is a great idea to do a rotation. I have a hard time getting to the temple because my babysitters aren't available when the RS group goes Thursday mornings...but if we did it your way, I could make it!!