Poor Brody hasn't had a very good week thus far...and it is only Tuesday! Yesterday while playing at the park I noticed him picking at his toes. He was wearing sandals and I thought he might have got wood chips from the playground stuck in his shoes - but instead his feet had a couple of fire ants on them. He didn't cry, but I saw a couple of welts starting. I came home and washed his feet and put hyrdocortisone on them to stop the itching. This morning you can actually count the bites. These white blistery looking things come up where the welts were - he has 10 total! So sad. He is a trooper though, I would be scratching them like crazy!
Then today. Today wasn't so hot for either of us. It all started with a trip to walmart for bread and milk. Brody had to go potty, so I took him. On our way out of the bathroom a lady coming in the bathroom swung the door open and whacked him in the head. I didn't think much of it...until he starting throwing up all over the place in the car on the way home. I called the pediatrician and they sent us to the ER. I hate the ER. But we went and waited and waited. The doctors saw Brody and determined he was okay to go and that the vomitting could have been related, or it could have been coincidental. Either way, it will be an expensive popscicle. They were nice enough to give me a gown to wear though. I think they were disgusted by the oatmeal that covered my shirt. I would have rather seen the throw up on my shirt then the man I saw who brought his finger in a baggie with him. Did I mention I HATE the ER??
The last thing Brody said to me when I was getting his pjs on was "Mom, I am exhausted." I had to laugh!! He is two! I swear I love the things that the learn to put together. So now it is about 9:02 pm and the kids are both sleeping. I am going to go take a shower and finally put the groceries away that should have been refrigerated hours ago. Oh well, at least it was a cooler day.
PS - A big thanks to my mom and dad for coming down to the ER and waiting with me and taking care of Ella, and cleaning out the carseat! Love you guys!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Poor little guy! That's horrible! I would be exhausted too. I hope he gets to feeling better.
No thanks needed... that's what grandparents do! I have to say dad and I had a laugh about Brody asking if we were having a party in the ER waiting room. Next time let's just party at your house or ours!
So this is what I have to look forward to with a boy?! I can't wait! Poor Brody, maybe you should stay home the rest of the week for his sake:)
At least you know where the ER is for future visits!
Poor little guy! I tell you when it rains it pours! I hope the lady in the bathroom apologized to him! Tell him we hope that we is feeling better!
poor guy :( but cute picture on your header!!
That is so sad. I hope that his week took a turn for the better.
Poor Brody! I had no idea about the ER. I am soo sad! Its terrible! I hope this week is full of fun stuff! Lets get together and take the kids to a new park.
Man, if it's not one thing it's another, huh?
I'm sooo glad he is still in cute spirits despite his bad week (and you too).
Post a Comment