After all the mishaps of last week our little family was looking forward to being pretty low-key for awhile. However, Hurricane Ike quickly changed plans. We are about five hours from Houston so we weren't in any danger, but my cousin Heather and her family live in a Houston suburb and chose to leave town. At first it was a couple of extra vacation days for Mark so they thought why not get out of town. The hurricane wasn't on a direct path at that point and was projected to be a Cat-3 (which I guess most people in there particular area don't evacuate for). We had a busy and loud house! Between there four kids and my two kids there was 6 under 6. Pretty crazy - but it has been the first time in FOREVER that Heather and I have been able to have time together without a ton of planned activities. So I loved having that time, and it was fun for me to see Brody and Ella interact with their kids.
Thier quick weekend trip was extended after the hurricane hit. Their neighborhood sustained more damage then they expected and Mark headed home on Sunday to check it all out leaving Heather and the kids at our house. Power was finally restored to them on Tuesday and Mark drove back here yesterday to pick up his family and they headed home this morning. I think both Heather and I are exhausted - but I wouldn't have changed it (except the whole hurricane destruction part). We loved having them here and we look forward to seeing them more (again without having to have a hurricane)!

(From left to right: Emily, 2, Cameron, 6, Brody, 2, & Brayden, 4)
(Ella, 8 months & Erica, 11 months)
1 comment:
Glad to see everyone is fine after the hurricane. I was going to call, but couldn't decide on what was a good time--nap time, dinner time, etc., being about the time I would think about it. Love all the pictures, and glad Brody made it through fire ants, near concussions, and the ER. It does sound like a rotten place to be.
Love,
Aunt Marilyn
Post a Comment