Monday, September 8, 2008

Fun Week with Grandma & Grandpa

We were so lucky to have Brandon's parents come and play with us for a week! It was fun to spend time together visiting and playing games. Brody loves his ma-maw & pa-paw and was eager to get up each morning and go in their room to wake them up! After a week of staying up late Brandon and I decided that we are too old now to do things like that and we can't go without sleep like we used to. We are such boring people these days.Brody made some finger paint welcome signs for Ma-maw and Pa-paw (thats how he pronounces Grandma & Grandpa - its really cute!)
Building a puzzle with Grandma. Building puzzles is one of his favorite things to do right now. The other is playing with cars (of course). He loves to make them into shapes (square is his favorite) and letters. So far he knows how to make the letters T, I & A

The Burton's at Southfork Ranch. Southfork is the place where they filmed Dallas back in the day. We went there after there was a big parade to welcome home Nastia Luikin.


Daddy & Brody by the miniture pony at the ranch.



The boys all went fishing at the lake in our community. Brody had a brand new Cars fishing pole and he caught 4 fish! Brandon said he was really freaked out by the fish and wouldn't touch them though.

5 comments:

Ashlyn Stephenson said...

Yea! Fun times with grandparents are the best! I love that Brody caught 4 fish! I'm impressed!

Amy and William said...

Congrats Brody! Love the Cars fishing pole! Just wait until his uncle Will and Grandpa Lew get a hold of him...he will love to touch fish then!

Stephanie Leigh said...

Sounds like my nephew takes after me with the not touching the fish. I miss you guys so much.

Brooke and Aaron said...

Sarah - You are not boring! You are totally normal parents of young children. That's great that grandma and grandpa could come visit! That must have been nice for you to have other people there to help entertain the kids. Do you ever feel like you run out of ideas when it's just you and the kids? I do. I think you're wonderful.

Unknown said...

I LOVE Brody's orange shirt!