Saturday, March 15, 2008

Big Brother

Okay...I was prompted to write this after reading Lindsey's last entry about the funny things Avery is saying. Brody is really very sweet to Ella, but the other night we were eating dinner and Ella was fussy and starting to cry. He looks over at her and said, "Ella, I big brother...you knock it off!" We couldn't help but just crack up! It makes me feel a little bad, because he obviously has learned that from me saying it to him. We've had a bit of a problem lately with him not wanting to talk when he wants something - instead he just cries. I think it is a side effect of becoming a big brother (Ella cries and gets what she wants, so he does it too). Not fun for me - especially if I am running low on patience. So now we are trying to teach him that we don't say words like that to our sister. However, it is very hard to keep a straight face when he does it because it is so funny!

3 comments:

with love, r said...

Full sentences!! He's grown so quickly.
Little stinkers pick up on everything we do huh?

Brooke and Aaron said...

You're right. It's amazing what little sponges their minds are. We really have to be mindful of what we say to them because they are little parrots!! Brody's so funny. Hope you're doing great. You're amazing moving with a new baby, buying a house, etc, etc. You are such a good mom, Sarah!! Those kids are so lucky to have you and Brandon!!

Stephanie Leigh said...

HA. I seem to remember YOU saying those things to your (little) sister. Oh well- I probably deserved it. Don't be too hard on him. He's cute.