Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Weekend

Grandma and Grandpa Burton flew out for a very fun weekend to see us and the house and to spend Easter. We took Brody to see Horton Hears a Who in a theatre called Studio Movie Grill. It is one of the funnest places we have found here so far - you go into the theatre and while you are watching your movie there are waiters serving you food. Pretty cool! I was just excited that Brody made it through the movie and was interested the entire time - we now have a new thing to do as a family. We spent some quality time at Lowes with the Burtons too. They'll let you know that we showed them four different local Lowes. Brandon and his dad spent time putting knobs and handles on all our cabinets (it took several trips to different Lowes to get the supplies we needed.) I love the knobs! Who knew something so minor makes such a big difference in the looks and function of a cabinet. We spent Saturday seeing different things in the area and doing some other shopping.

Sunday morning Brody found his Easter basket and Ella's too. He got a new Cars swimsuit and stickers and treats, and Ella got new hair bows. The Easter Bunny also brought Brody his very own potty. I had no idea what a big hit this would be. I thought we'd have it around for awhile before it saw much action, but Brody informed me today (while sitting on the potty) that he wasn't going to wear diapers any more. Works for me! I haven't thrown out the diapers yet - he hasn't yet put anything in the potty, but we thought as long as he is so interested we will give it a shot.

After church we had my mom and dad over for Easter dinner and our first Easter egg hunt in our back yard. Brody caught on pretty quick and ran around the yard collecting his eggs.



Monday we took the Burtons to the stockyards in Fort Worth. Theresa said that I shouldn't just call it the stockyards, because there isn't much "stock" - she said to say it is like a really old historical town with shops and a few cattle. It was fun, and we ate at Brandon's favorite steakhouse - Cattlemens. It was really fun for us to see family and be able to show them our house and the area.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Your kids are too darn cute!! Sounds like you had a good weekend. I'd love to see some pictures of the house! :)

Raechal said...

Ella is getting so big! and she is so cute, I love the picture of her dressed in purple with the headband. Adorable!

Amy and William said...

Ok, I think that my neice and nephew are A. Getting too big too fast and B. The cutest Kids! Looks like you had lots of fun with the Burtons, I can't wait to visit!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Ella looks exactly like Brody, just the girl version of course. (I mean that in a good way! :) I love it when siblings look alike. I never had that growing up so I guess I look for that now. Anyway, it sounds like Brody is totally excited about his potty. For Emma, that was the key is waiting until she wanted it and it was a breeze because she was so into it. Good luck with everything and enjoy your new cabinet knobs! :)

Lindsey and Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leigh said...

How fun!!! Your first Easter egg hunt in your new home! Your kids are adorable... Ella is perfectly beautiful, and Brody so big and handsome. I miss your family. How fun having Mike and Theresa come to visit. I know they were excited to go to Texas. And yes, Knobs make all the difference.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I came in today to catch up. I love the Easter pics, and all the other ones of the house and Thomas!!! Now, you will just have to come to Maine again, so Brody can see the "real" train that runs by my house on a somewhat regular basis!

Love,
Aunt Marilyn