Thursday, March 6, 2008

Snow Storm!

I went to our house today for our final walk through and this is what I found! It started snowing at about 12:30 this afternoon and hasn't stopped yet. You can't tell where the snow stops and where our fence starts in the back yard. Texans are obviously not used to the weather as everyone stops and shuts down - everything! Schools, businesses, everything! We are tentatively scheduled to close on the house tomorrow, but the mortgage company and title company closed early and we aren't sure if they will come in tomorrow. I guess if the schools are closed they keep everything closed. We are still waiting for some written confirmations that additional repairs will be made before we sign the papers. I don't think the builder is happy with me. He asked my dad if we were attorneys! Cross your fingers and maybe we will have a house by the weekend.
This is the view of our front porch and our front yard. In the hour and a half we were there it must have snowed close to two inches. Crazy!!



5 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow--that is crazy! Does Texas get snow? I didn't think it regularly did. Guess you need to get a snow shovel now! I hope things close tomorrow and you can move in.

Lindsey and Ben said...

Wow that is crazy! Did you ever think that you would have so much at once? Hopefully the house happens today!!!

with love, r said...

Hey!! I finally got your blog...I was wondering if you had set one up. I saw a comment from you on my blog and clicked on your link...I am soooo happy to see your family on line!
I can see that you are all doing well and I can't wait for you to move into your house. What a GREAT back yard to play in! I am SO jealous.
How are YOU faring in the snow? Hopefully you will only have around one more month of it before the rain starts. Hee Hee.
Love you and miss you!

Leigh said...

The snow looks beautiful. How often do you get snow storms? What does Brody think of all the snow? Love and miss you guys.

Brooke and Aaron said...

Crazy. I didn't think Texas got snow either. I just thought it was always hot and humid there. Good luck closing on the house and also getting the repairs done that you wanted. I would be the same way..wanting to make sure everything is OK before we sign the dotted line.