Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pedicures

Grandma and Grandpa Burton moved to Texas, but had some time between when they arrived and when their house was ready. In the mean time, they stayed with us and spoiled Ella with her first pedicure. I was spoiled too, but it wasn't my first time. It was a fun morning with just the girls and Ella soaked it up! She LOVED it and had everyone in the salon watching her reactions.
First was the all important soak in the foot tub
Then the painting of the toenails. She was very good for Miss Lisa. She ended up with a flower on her toes too. As soon as her toes were done she stuck her hands out to have them painted as well. We thought by putting the flower on her thumb it would give her an incentive to not suck her thumb.
The girls, being girly
The end result. Ella picked the color, and I thought it'd be fun if we matched. It was a fun morning and we are still enjoying our painted toes! Thanks Grandma!
The flower on the thumb did not make it. The next day we pointed out to Ella that because she had sucked her thumb the flower came off. She asked me to fix it and I told her I couldn't. She then responded (without hesitation) "We go and have Miss Lisa fix it" I guess Ella and the nail lady kindled quite the friendship. We did not take her to have it fixed, but we did laugh.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

CUTE!!I think Isabella would actually love something like that. What a fun girls day out!