One of our favorite things of the year! We enjoyed going to the fair last night and trying all the yummy fried foods and walking around.

Fried Chocolate...need I say more?? I love the kids faces! It was tasty, but probably not my absolute favorite. We also tried fried club salad (it looked and tasted like a wrap), deep fried frito chili pie (won best tasting), and deep fried smores pop tart. The Pop Tart was Brandon's favorite. There wasn't a ton of new stuff this year, of course we opted not to try the fried beer (won most creative) or fried frozen margarita or the fried caviar. The only other one was the fried frozen lemonade. We didn't try it because Brandon has a thing with lemons...he doesn't like them. My parents tried it and said it was just all right, so I was okay skipping it.

We let the kids pick one ride (who goes to the fair to ride rides anyway??)...they picked the miniature swings and both had a great time.

We made our annual stop to see Elsie and Beauregaurd (the Borden cows) and get some chocolate milk. We walked through the food and agriculture buildings and watched the pig races. We saw all the winning arts and crafts and were hounded by all the vendors trying to sell their stuff. It was great. And, I tell you what...if we had the money I would have a new blender today. Im sold. That was my favortie treat from the fair - a carrot, grape, mango smoothie made with a vitamix blender. My mom got one and I think I know what our desserts will be at family dinners for awhile.


Brandon did a crazy stroller ride for the kids on the way out to the car. Some older ladies were scared thinking that they were falling backwards, but we assured them that it was just our cheap fair ride. The kids loved it.
On the drive home we asked the kids what thier favorite parts were...
Brody: riding the swings and getting some ice cream
Ella: the ride to the car (in the stroller)
We have such good kids, they are so easy to please.
2 comments:
Perhaps I wasn't clear on the fried lemonade, it was really good, but only if you like lemons! We are getting more of it today!
The fair sounds great. From the first picture, I wouldn't say it was just the "kids" who liked the fried chocolate! Thanks for posting
Love,
Aunt Mailyn
Post a Comment