We are playing catch up...Brody had his first field trip a couple weeks ago. The kids (and all the little siblings) went to the Heritage Farmstead in Plano, TX. It was a preschool program centered around sheep. The program was really cute and the kids loved the activities that were planned.

First they sat in an old one room school house and were read a story. Henry and Ella sat in the back, putting rocks in the desk.

Until Ella decided she'd just rather wander...it was naughty, but she was so cute doing it. She is so sneaky!

The three amigos...Ashlyn, Brody and Ella walking to the tool shed
The kids learned how the farmers sheer the sheep and then they got a chance to spin the wool into thread.
A highlight was getting to feed the sheep
Brody was much more timid than Ella about putting his hands up to the sheep. He sort of tilted his hands and just dropped the food for the sheep.
My little farm hands
Petting the sheep...I participated also. Afterwards I felt like my hands were all oily and the docent said it was from the lanolin.
The kids were allowed to use some wool to glue onto a sheep. My kids loved this! They are really into arts and craft stuff.They also went on a hayride and fed some chickens, but I have no pictures. I brought my camera, but of course forgot the battery. I used my phone until it was all filled up. I am just thankful I had the ability to have it as a back up. After the farm we went and found a nice park to have lunch and play. We are LOVING the fall weather here!
1 comment:
Great pics. Love the spinning one. I spun my first several skeins on a drop spindle just like that before I got my 'big girl' spinning wheel. They don't call 'em 'drop spindles' for nothing do they?
Cousin Melinda
Post a Comment