Saturday, May 9, 2009

By Request...

Overview of beds #1 & #2 The peppers, tomatoes, beans haven't changed much this month :( I just got some organic disease spray - I think we have some powdery mildew growing. And the beans I think are rusty (if thats possible) so I am going to take out the worst and replant some more. The peppers haven't grown much - but they are showing signs of budding so that is progress!
Bed #3 - Our potatoes are still growing well and the corn is getting taller. We replanted some cucumber to replace ours that was lost in the wind. The grapevine has finally started to grow more since the ground has gotten warmer and the cabbage looks really good too.

Our first tomato fruits!! Hooray - it worked! I think these are roma tomatoes and I just saw them this morning. I went around and thumped the flowers and low and behold I think it worked. I will be on the look out for more!Pretty potato blossoms. This is a red potato plant and it is the furthest along. From what I know when the blossoms die and start to fall back you dig up the potatoes. We have a few other potato plants that are looking close to blossoming too.Our peas are definitely the winner this month on how much they've grown! We saw one pea pod one day and every day we are seeing more and more. It has been fun to watch these guys climb and sprout. Now we are getting to the fun part of all of this - EATING THEM!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thank You! It all looks GREAT. There is nothing quite like a garden. Keep the pictures coming.