Saturday, May 23, 2009

First Fathers & Sons Weekend

Brandon braved Fathers and Sons with Brody for the first time last night. They are still gone. Brody was very very excited to go camping with his daddy and that Ella and mommy weren't going. We don't do much one on one stuff with the kids yet, we should we just havent.

I went out to dinner with a friend and I forgot how easy it was to only have one kid. Ella was wonderful in the restaurant and the food was great! Afterwards we met up with some more of the girls and watched Bride Wars. Very cute movie. I got home at 11:00, Ella still awake. I got her put to bed and saw we had phone messages. I had the CUTEST message from Brody at the campout calling to say hi! I went to bed and didn't wake up until 9:00 - this is huge these days. Ella is still asleep and the house is quiet. I did miss Brody crawling into bed with me and asking me to turn on cartoons for him, but he is having a great time with his dad.

These are a couple of the photos Brandon took of the campout - none of them actually had both Father and Son in them. I will have to give him a bad time about that. They had a great time. Brody played and they enjoyed being outdoors next to the Lake. The only glitch was dinner wasn't ready until after 9:00 pm - so Brody especially was pretty hungry and tired by then. It was a half mile walk to the group area so by the time they got back to the campsite after dinner Brody told his daddy he wanted to go to bed. He went right to sleep and didn't wake up until after 7:30. They were home by 10:00, much earlier than I had thought. Brody was really excited to see Ella and tell me all about their camping trip.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Isn't it great? A little time to yourself is a wonderful thing!

Natalie said...

Sounds fun! What did you think of Bride Wars? I saw it a couple weeks ago, and was a little disappointed. :( I'm glad Ella was such a good girl, even at 11 pm!!! Hope Brody had fun camping.

Anonymous said...

The camping trip sounds like a great time. Nothing like a boy and his dad and a tent. Of course, my idea is the same as yours, a movie, home and in a real bed...
Love,
Aunt Marilyn