You may notice the Walmart logo. This story has NOTHING to do with Walmart - I just refuse to give any potential advertising to the store which I am about to refer...it happens to have a red logo made up of a number of circles. I have had bad feelings about this store since 2003 when we married. I had slowly let myself actually go there and purchase a few things now and then - but apparently that will no longer happen.For Easter my grandma bought the kids darling swimsuits - she called and asked me sizes and just before Easter a package was delivered. Brody is a 3T (unless it goes over his head and then it is a 4T) - I told this to Honey (the name we call my grandma) and she did exactly what I had asked. BUT - Brody's shorts were mismarked and were actually a 4T. Right away I tried to exchange them but because I couldn't find the exact pattern (I tried 3 stores including one in CA) but I wasn't able to unless I took store credit for an amount less than Honey paid. Im not willing to let the store profit off their mistake so I kept the shorts and we will just pin them up and let Brody grow into them.
That bugged me, but at least I could still use the swimsuit.
Ella's was an 18 month cute little swim suit with pink and white stripes and a frilly skirt. Very cute. Honey had also sent a white tank top to go with. I told her Ella's size. I just didn't anticipate my baby having a huge growth spurt. I put a dress on her on Sunday and I thought I was looking at Cindy Brady. Little bottom totally showing. I went up to her closet and pulled out a 2T dress which fit her. I didn't have much hope for the 2 swimsuits that she has that are 18 month. Sure enough I tried them on her Monday morning and neither one went high enough to cover her little nipples. So...I thought I would take it back and exchange it. In my previous trips to return Brody's I had seen Ella's suit and knew that I'd be able to just get a bigger size. I went in on the way to my mom's for a Memorial Day BBQ/swimming. The store clerks informed me that I would only be able to take store credit and then go back out on the floor and re-buy the time. The catch was I wasn't going to get enough store credit to go back and buy the bathing suit unless I paid more money out of my own pocket. I wasn't about to do that. When I said that this was unfair and it would be wasting money the store clerks response was (I kid you not...) "Its not your money, its just your grandmas."
That just about did it for me. I was so ticked off. I had no bathing suit for Ella, and I wasn't about to patronize the store. I realized why Brody is always rude in that store. Its because I HATE that store so much I am always angry when I am there. I really hate that store. We ended up driving out of the way to Walmart to buy Ella a swim suit.
So, in the future...the best gift anyone could give to me is anything that is NOT purchased from that store. If you haven't realized what store it is - its Target. I only say that so that you are all aware of where I DONT want you to shop.
And now I will get off my soapbox.
P.S. - Consequently, Im going to give the cute pink swim suit to Natalie if Alexis or Halle need a swim suit and if they already have one or enough then it will be given to an unknown friend at a baby shower someday that will have a girl that will fit into it. It isn't the swimsuits fault that the store that sells it is stupid. So Natalie...let me know if you want it and it is yours.
4 comments:
I usually love Target, but their return policy has always been bad and they made it worse this year. I ALWAYS save my receipts now until I am SURE that I don't need to return anything and I always give gift receipts with gifts. Walmart probably has better prices no matter what though. I'm not sure their customer service is any better, but I think their return policy is better. Sorry for the frustrating experiences!!! It doesn't sound right, maybe a manager would have helped you out better?
Target is notorious for horrible return policies! We had the same issues when we got married 8 years ago! You would think things would have gotten better in 8 years.. sounds like they have gotten worse! We are having the same issue right now with Babies R Us. They wont take anything back without a receipt. Not even for store credit or exchange. If you loose your receipt or someone bought something for you from your registry but they didn't give you a receipt you're pretty much out of luck. What good is it to have a baby registry at a store that wont even let you return something!? I'm boycotting Babies R Us haha Stores should really think before they implement horrible return policies. They are losing more customers then saving money on returns.
I haven't been out to your blog in a while and this story hit me. We have figured out the Target store... we just don't go there if we can help it. The last time I was there, I had about 20 items in my cart. One item was a hat for Ethan. I just happened to pick the one that HAD a barcode that DIDN"T work! The clerk (with her stupid platinum died pixie cut) actually asked me "Do you know how much this was?" My response, "Are you kidding? I didn't know I was supposed to write down all my prices as I'm adding them to my cart." Her response, "Well, it looks like it's the same as the matching shorts, which are $4. I'll ring it up for that." I said, "Sorry? What if they were $3? or $5?" Told her to leave them off.
THEN! She didn't say thank you. What IS UP WITH SERVICE TODAY??? They actually think I"M supposed to say thank you for servicing ME? HEllo??? I'm keeping you in a job MISSIE.
I quickly bee-lined for the manager. Told him everything and they got written up for it. I think that's the last time I went there and have frequented Wal mart since then.
I'm with you. I hate Target. I get pretty much everything at Walmart. They let me return everything, receipt or not. And to be honest, I have even returned stuff there that I purchased at Target :)
Post a Comment