We celebrated the kids birthdays this year as a combined Dora and Diego birthday adventure. I think we ended up with 17 kids plus some parents. I was REALLY happy with the way it turned out - and with that said I am SO glad it is over!
Ella's Cake - don't mind that Dora and Diego's skin looks like they're sunburned...I used the exact color that Wilton reccomended. Other than the skin color, I think they look super cute 
The party room (it is the big media room over our garage that is usually empty) We hung "vines" and "branches" to make it a jungle and then laid out blankets all over the carpet so we could have our picnic in the jungle.
My Big (almost) 5 Year Old! He was super excited all week about this party and having his friends over.
My Three Year Old.
The birthday kidos next to the "Pin the Tail on the Swiper" game
Brody checking out where he put swipers tail
Brandon had made a mix CD of Dora and Diego songs and one of the speakers was under the table...I think that is why all the kids were hanging out down there.
We had pizza for lunch and just as the kids were finishing Swiper the Fox ran in and swiped the birthday candles! Swiper swiped them too fast and we weren't able to get a picture...but here are the events that followed:
I had to tell the kids that it was Swiper that had come. We couldn't have birthday cake without the candles, so we had to go and get them. But who do you ask when you don't know which way to go?? The Map! (fyi...this is all Dora and Diego lingo from the TV shows - I don't really speak this corny) A couple of the kids sang the Map song and I pulled out my Map. The Map said we'd have to go to "Puzzle Point" then to "Lolly Pop Forest" and then to the Treasure Chest to find the candles. But before we could go on our adventure we needed to have our Backpacks (like Dora for the girls) and Rescue Packs (like Diego for the boys)
The kids got eqipped with their packs and we were off
Meanwhile...Swiper was downstairs helping set up Lolly Pop Forest
Upstairs at "Puzzle Point" the kids had to find all the pieces to a puzzle and then get it put together
The kids worked really well together to get the puzzle assembled. (You can see the backpacks a little better in this photo) I made them and then we did an iron on logo that my sister Stephanie had designed for the invitations. They turned out really cute!
All the kids then followed the map down the stairs to Lolly Pop Forest.
The kids took off their backpacks and then had to clean up Lolly Pop Forest by putting the candy in their bags. I think this was the perfect age group for this! They were so excited with each piece they picked up that it actually took them a few minutes before it was all cleaned up. No one "hoarded" or fought over the candy either.

After Lolly Pop Forest was all picked up we followed the map around the corner to find the treasure chest...

But, there was a great big bear sleeping next to it! He was so loud! The kids and I checked our field journals and decided that to wake up a sleeping bear we had to yell "Wake Up!" We did it, but it didn't work the first time, we must not have been loud enough. So we did it again, and this time the bear woke up.
We checked the treasure chest and it was locked! We yelled "abre!" to open the treasure chest and find the candles! Horray...We did it!
But wait! Swiper the sneaky fox was back! We hurried and yelled "Swiper No Swiping, Swiper No Swiping, Swiper No Swiping!" to stop him...Swiper responded with his usual "Ah, man!" (I love how you can see some of the kids hands up to make swiper stop)
Since we had the birthday candles back it was now time to cut the cakes!
While we were waiting we did have a little photo op with Swiper...I love her face in this one!
(Brody's mouth is full of tootsie rolls from Lolly Pop Forest)
Swiper & Ashlyn
Swiper & Isabella (she was too smart to actually sit on his lap!)
Brody was so excited to get sung too
Ella getting ready to blow out her candle

The kids thoroughly enjoyed the cake!
The party crew eating the birthday cakes
After the cake this is Brody (our little leader) annoucing that it was time for opening presents

Every gift Brody opened he'd say, "I love it, thank you so so so much!" Such a sweet kid!
Ella hugging her new ball. This girl is easily pleased
A firehouse lego set from Grandma and Grandpa Burton - this is one lego-loving boy!
A Dora doll - she couldn't have been happier!
Until there was more!
The kids were so fun this year! They know what birthdays are and that is all about them. It was a lot of fun for me to plan the party for them, but I am sure glad it is over!
One last photo with Swiper the Fox at the end of the party. It was a fun afternoon!
We had pizza for lunch and just as the kids were finishing Swiper the Fox ran in and swiped the birthday candles! Swiper swiped them too fast and we weren't able to get a picture...but here are the events that followed:
A big shout out to all our friends for coming and having fun with us and an even bigger shout out to Aunt Stephanie (a.k.a. Swiper) and our Sleeping Bear (a.k.a. Grandpa Burton) for making the party a huge hit!
3 comments:
You got great pictures! It was an awesome party!
It looks amazing! I wish I could have been there to see it all in person. It's no wonder the kids talked about it nonstop afterwards. Thanks for having them.
What fun! You are so creative, and the memories in the pictures will last a lifetime for the kids. I'm glad the bear didn't wake up grouchy! That bear has been known to wipe out people when you wake him up!
Love,
Aunt Marilyn
Post a Comment