Monday, January 10, 2011

Rapunzel let down your hair

We have been saying this to Ella whenever we brush her hair since seeing Tangled back in November. I love that Ella's hair was getting long.

That darn movie plants ideas in girls heads though.

Sunday night we were at the table eating dinner and I was looking at Ella and I said to Brandon, isn't that funny it looks like she is growing a second layer of hair. Then I glanced at her shirt and it was COVERED with her lovely curly locks of hair. I gasped. There is no other way to describe it. I am SO SO SO sad. She cut most of the right side of her head of hair off above her ear, along with chunks from the back and a little on the left. I later found a pile of ringlets under the table in the play room and Brandon found another pile of clippings behind the couch in the furthest corner of the playroom. I have gathered what I could to put in a baggie for the remembrance of her first EVER haircut.

There isn't a whole lot we can do to fix it. I trimmed up the back a little so the missing chunks aren't quite so obvious. But there will be no pony tails, braids or up dos in our future. It's probably 2 years of growing gone. Its all headbands and barretts for us for a long time.

We asked Ella why she did it and she said she wanted her hair short. Brody then said, "I don't know if I helped her or not" A somewhat questionable statement from a possible accomplice. After further questioning we don't believe he had anything to do with the hacking, but he knows now that it should NEVER happen again. She climbed up onto the desk in the office upstairs and found the kids safety scissors. Grrr. That's all I have to say.

The day before her birthday. Stinker. She is still a pretty girl though (Brandon is reminding her of that over and over again because I'm still mourning the loss of baby ringlet hair) Hopefully it isn't too noticeable to everyone else, but I notice it right away. So sad.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

I heard about the haircut from Mike yesterday. I guess we should be glad they were safety scissors, or more than hair might be missing. Cheer up--it's a little girl thing. Most little girls I know have tried it at least once.
Happy Birthday Ella.
Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Lisa said...

Hahahahaha! I laugh more because I can totally hear your voice as I read this post. I'm so sorry for your loss. ;) I would be sad too. She still looks cute though and don't worry it will grow back. :)

Becky said...

Make sure you hide all the scissors as they often do it again once they have done it the first time.