
We went to church early and were greeted by our Bishop at the door. He said the Stake President was waiting for Brandon and he'd meet with me. (At this point my stomach was up in my throat - I get really nervous for some reason) Our ward was split that day and Brandon was made Elder's Quorum President and I was put in the Young Women's program as Mia Maid Advisor. I think I was more nervous about my new calling then Brandon. I probably would have been more sad about the split if my mind wasn't so preoccupied about thinking how much change we'd have in our schedules. It was a big split...we went from 150+ kids in the primary AND probably another 40 on the nursery rolls to having a Primary of 50 and a nursery of 7. The average age of the other ward created is 27 and the average age of our ward is probably 50. It is REALLY different, but I think it is a good change. I think the spirit of our Ward is different and I think it has given people an opportunity to feel more included. We joke around our house that no one can get away without having a "big" calling. I get now when people call it a "ward family" because you really have no choice but to know everyone.
The new callings so far are going good. Brandon is getting used to a lot more phone calls, emails, meetings and assignments...and I am getting more used to hanging out with the girls again and teaching lessons for kids who actually can understand what I'm saying.
1 comment:
Congratulations on the new callings. THose phone calls to meet with the Stake President can be daunting all right. I'm sure you will both be super at the new callings, and it will be a chance to know different people better. I am happy for both of you.
Love,
Aunt Marilyn
Post a Comment